We will be learning how to...
TYPE ON A PATH!
Follow these steps carefully.
Check for saving instructions at the bottom when you are finished.
1. Open Adobe Web Premium CS3. Open Adobe Illustrator CS3.
2. Click on "Print Document" to open a blank page. Click OK. Keep your design within the black lines, which traces out a piece of paper.
3. Find the shape tools, hold your left mouse button down and drag to the right to choose Rectangle, Ellipse, Polygon, or Star (star is slightly more difficult). Do not use Flare Tool. You could also choose to make your own shape with Brush Tool or Pen Tool.
4. Draw a shape. Be sure to make a duplicate. Use the Selection Tool, Click on the circle and use the Selection Tool (black arrow). Hold down ALT, then click and drag a duplicate copy of your shape. We will use both shapes, but separate them for now.
5. Find the type tools, click with the left mouse button and drag right to find the Type on a Path Tool. Left click once on your circle to position your cursor so that you may type.
6. You may begin typing your text. On top, type a positive message or quote. You may type more than one message or repeat the message so it wraps around the entire shape.
7. You can fill the other shape, or you can create/find an image that fills that shape. Be sure it is an image which fits within the shape you created, and it can be converted to a Vector file. You can use Live Paint Bucket to change colors if you wish (after image trace and expand).
If you see a red cross, some of your text is hidden. You can adjust the text (perhaps change the font size).
You could insert an image from the Symbols Library so that it fits in the center. You can also double click on the existing symbol to edit colors.