- Copy the building with windows, open a new file in Ps, and paste it in.
- Copy the ghost, go to the same file with the building and hold CTRL+V to paste it in. It should go into its own layer.
- Erase the background of the ghost, does not have to be smooth edges, using the Magic Eraser Tool (remember to change the tolerance and try again if it takes out too much or not enough).
- You will be duplicating the layer with the building. (name your layers)
- Put one layer with the building on top, then the ghost, then the second layer of the building at the bottom so the ghost is sandwiched between.
- Be sure that the ghost is positioned and sized behind the window, large enough to see it and believe it is behind the window. We should see the head in the upper pane and the body in the lower pane.
- Using the Eraser Tool and a lower opacity setting, erase the window glass on the top building layer only, to slightly reveal the ghost.
- Do not erase too much, or it will not look like the ghost is behind the window! Don't erase the wooden frame around the window, for example, or any part of the building.