You will be designing your own AMS T-Shirt using Adobe Illustrator CS3.
Below, you will see the original image from our AMS Homepage. You can see that it is raster, meaning it is pixelated. This particular image is very pixelated, appearing blurry, and is not a good quality for print making [i.e.; stickers, posters, and TShirts].
Next, you will see a professionally traced image based off of the original logo. This image is also raster because it is posted on this website, which requires pixels.
Begin making your own T-Shirt design...here is how:
1. Open a new print document in Illustrator. Save it as TShirt in your documents.
2. Use the T-Shirt design below that I created based off of one of the symbols already in Illustrator. -Right click, copy the image, and paste it into a layer in Illustrator. -Stretch the T-Shirt around your paper outlines so that you can visualize your design on a real shirt. -Set the layer with your T-Shirt outline as a template [double click the layer, click template, have Dim set to 50%].
It should look something like this...
3. Right click the traced Indian logo above and copy. Paste the image into a new layer placed above your T-Shirt template layer. Feel free to resize the image if you would like, but remember to hold Shift as you click and drag the image from its corner to retain the dimensions.
4. Make sure the logo is selected with your Black Arrow, and click Live Trace.
The image will look slightly different, but should now be vector instead of raster.
5. Make sure the image is still selected with the Black Arrow, and click on the Live Paint Bucket.
Click on the logo, then click OK on the window that pops up which informs you that you cannot change the Live Trace parameters. It looks like this:
6. Using the Live Paint Bucket, you can click on elements within the logo such as the man's face, the head dress portions, and each individual feather. -You can use solid colors based off of the original logo near the top of this page. -You can use gradients to add depth and dimension to your logo. -You can also change the originally black outlined colors.
7. Add text using your Type Tool. You must add the yellow portion to your design, but you may choose one of the text options in green:
AMS Algonquin Middle School Go Indians! School Spirit
8. Make the AMS stand out from all other text. It should be larger than all other text.
9. You may use what we have learned from class to change your text. For example: -3D effect -Gradient [You can use the Gradient Tool among your tools to the left side of your screen in order to change the direction of a Linear Gradient] -Add a stroke color, and leave the fill color white or empty to create edges.
10. You should then choose to either: -insert lines using the Line Segment Tool which is next to your Shapes Tools OR -insert shapes to frame your text using Rectangle Tool or other Shapes Tools.
HERE ARE SOME EXAMPLES:
When you are done, please do not type your name on the design. You will instead, write your name with a PENCIL, first name / last initial / class period. Be sure to print to Lab106B_Clrhp